Custom Search

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bah! Humbug!

Have I mentioned that I HATE Christmas? Yeah, I do. It's become such a material,  overly commercialized holiday! It's disgusting! Don't get me wrong. My kids get TWO separate "Christmases" every year (one the weekend before and one on the day) and they get the stuff that they put on their lists (within reason), but honestly... Christmas lost the "birth of Christ" theme and somewhere along the line became the pagan "trees and lights and decorations and presents and Santa and elves and reindeer and candy and cookies and cake and junk and stuff" holiday.
People are all "I love Christmas!It's my favorite holiday!" Can it! Seriously. Decorating it (poorly) to make it look like the house that Christmas throws up in every year... There's more elegance in simplicity...
It's September! And there's Christmas stuff out... I want to scream! Ugh! Can I just get through Halloween first? Gaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment