Custom Search

Thursday, September 23, 2010

25 Things about me...

Another one of those "Getting to know you..." things... I'm getting hooked on these! They're actually really, really fun... Fun to share as well as fun to reflect and maybe learn a little bit about yourself! This is another one I found while tooling around on that Facebook thing, which I'm still trying to figure out... It's been an epic fail.... Blogging is so much easier...

As the title insinuates... A list of 25 things about me...

1.) I hate yelling. It makes my head hurt. I do it often because I have four kids... Who are selectively deaf... And are being told by a nameless someone that they "don't have to listen to mommy..."

2.) My nose was broken twice (once in a fight and once in a football game) and I still have the bump and my nose is still crooked. I won't get it fixed because I wear it like a badge of honor. I won the fight and I played through to the end of the game...

3.) I'm stubborn as all get out. (No, not you! Mia, that's ridiculous!) No, it's true! I don't like being told to do anything or go anywhere or told what I can or can't do, I don't do well with taking orders or commands, and I will challenge everything. And if I know I'm right? Hell hath no greater fury...

4.) Despite the fact that I don a lot of pink, my favorite color is blue. Not just any blue. It's the blue of the sky on the first bright spring day of the year... That bright not too light, not too dark blue that can make you happy all over...

5.) I won't back down from a fight. I did for a time, but in the usual definition of what a "Mia" is: "will not back down"... I found what was lost. I'm ready to get back into the ring.

6.) I play the piano and the guitar. I'm in no way musically gifted, but I do alright.

7.)I have NO sense of rhythm what so ever. I cannot dance to save anyone's life. I'm a spaz beyond belief and I will hurt people out on a dance floor. As a matter of fact, I have...

8.)I cannot carry a tune or sing. It's wretched awful. People will run away screaming if I try... It's bad... So I don't.

9.) I used to watch Jerry Springer RELIGIOUSLY. I couldn't help myself. I just needed to SEE that there were people who were worse off than myself.

10.) My favorite food in the history of forever is the Arby's Roast beef sandwich (The BIG MONTANA) with horsey sauce and tons of Arby's sauce... I know. With all the food in all the world and it had to be Arby's..

11.) I'm not a huge fan of chocolate. I like it and I'll eat it, but, eh... If I never have it again, I wouldn't lose my mind or anything... Caramel on the other hand... I will beat you with a claw hammer for it.

12.) If I could live out the rest of my life wearing slippers and jams, I would. Not just any slippers and jams though. Pink floppy eared bunny slippers and my Hello Kitty jams. Yeah... That would rock!

13.) I don't like the number 13... It's a thing. I have O.C.D. and numbers do strange things to me. I don't like the numbers 4 or 42 either. It used to be a lot more complicated, but I'm getting better.

14.) I like Spaghetti-O's with cut up hot dogs... Every once in a while, I'll buy a can and eat them... By myself... In the closet... Where no one can see me... And I don't have to share...

15.) I once broke my finger on a Nerf football... I'm a spaz like that...

16.) I once quit driving for a week and a half because I hit a squirrel. It was wretched awful because I swore he looked me right in the eyes right before I hit him...

17.) My most favorite words in the English language are "bellybutton", "nipple" and "sloppy"... I don't know why... The first two are hard to use in every day conversation and the last one... Well, I guess it depends. They're just fun to say...

18.) I like to name inanimate objects. Examples: My car's name is "Bacon". My bat that I keep next to the bed is named "Ashley". I have a rock that I keep in the car who's name is "Fred". My pillow is named "Harvey".

19.) My favorite joke is the one about the monkey, the cue ball and the peanut.

20.) I've mentioned my dislike of hummus a few times, but another thing I cannot eat are peas. I don't like peas... They're evil you know...

21.) I told my kids when we do the Christmas thing, it's not Santa that comes to the house. We do the whole "Christmas morning" the weekend before the actual holiday and I told them "Santa's busy"... We have a confused magical Christmas elf named Randy... He likes to hide all the presents like Easter eggs all around the house... The kids get a real kick out of it! I think it may just be that I'm trying to rebel against the idea of Christmas. I hate it ya know...

22.) I love reading, but I get all depressed when I finish a book... Especially if it's a new one... Thankfully, I forget a lot of the details or what happens in the end, so I can pick it up and read it again a few months down the line and it's like I'm reading it again for the first time!

23.) I am a closet Adam Sandler movie fan... I loved Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky... I love stupid movies in general... Something about not having to think too much and sitting and giggling like an idiot for an hour and a half or so...

24.)I was married... Twice. I'm friends with the first one on Facebook... The second one? Yeah.... No...

25.) I once got bitten by a frog. Now, I'm told that this is a rather rare occurrence, but I disagree. I was poking a frog in the head with my finger and it bit me...I'm a frog poker... I'm a frog poker that got bit by a frog...

No comments:

Post a Comment