Custom Search

Monday, October 4, 2010

Stupid= Otis...

To PROVE how not smart Otis truly is... He once got lost in a sweatshirt...
I came home one day and I couldn't find he dog. He's ALWAYS at the door to greet me, but on this day, he wasn't. I was in a panic, running around looking for Otis!
I called him and I called him... Nothing. The thoughts were rushing through my mind. "Did he sneak out when I left?" "Did he manage to find a way out?" " Did someone let him out?" "Where the FUCK is Otis??!??"
I was running around like a mad woman calling for the dog thinking he was gone...
On the last time I called out, "Otis!", I heard a <Thump! Thump! Thump!> coming from the kitchen. Once in the kitchen I called out again... "Otis?" <Thump! Thump! Thump!> This time I got a visual confirmation...
There was a pile of laundry on the floor by the washing machine, among which was a sweat shirt... Apparently, Otis, the wonder wiener dog had crawled into the sweatshirt to take a nap... He wound up getting stuck in the sleeve at some point... All I saw, after close inspection, was the tip of his nose sticking out from the sleeve of the sweatshirt. He had made himself into an Otis sausage with a cotton casing...When I called him he was making a desperate effort to "walk" by half skooching along the floor like an inchworm and half rolling along like a tumbleweed, thus making the <Thump! Thump! Thump!> sound.
Needless to say, I was relieved to have found my dog, but rather depressed at the realization that he was about as dumb as a bag of rocks. He has proven himself in this arena many times over, time and time again...
<Sigh!> He's an idiot, but he's MY idiot...

No comments:

Post a Comment