Custom Search

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A moment...

"I squish your head! I crush it!" It's the game I play when people piss me off... Forefinger and thumb... I crush it! I crush your head!
I like doing it because it lessens the tension for me and I don't stress about whatever is going on as much. Without the tension and stress, I can think more clearly and rationally.
In situation where you HAVE to deal with people, whether you want to or not, and stress is a factor, I have found that little tools like this can really help. The "I crush your head" thing is just so easy. You can do it behind someone's back or right when they're looking at you. If you do it when they're looking at you, prepare yourself for a little backlash. (Although that backlash makes for more humor most of the time...)The smile and "Mmm hmmm!" with head bob works well too.
I refuse to give anybody the satisfaction of being able to get under my skin. Besides, it's easier to laugh about someone (when relaying the story later to your friends) if you were able to keep it together. Take a single moment to collect your thoughts, crack an inside, personal joke, put on the smile, take a deep breath and go on about your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment