Custom Search

Friday, October 22, 2010

SHUSH! ZIP IT! CAN IT! SHUT UP!

I don't want to hear it... Seriously. Shut up. The youngest boy child has learned the art of screaming, whining, crying and throwing temper tantrums... It's pathetic. I've been trying to break him of the habit for quite a while now, but it seems as if he's too used to getting his way all the time.
I don't get how that's the case considering the fact that I won't tolerate it. When he starts with his nonsense, I tell him to go to a different room until he's done because nobody else wants to hear it. Eventually, he calms down and he is much more pleasant to deal with, at which time, we are able to address the issue or issues that led to the melt down to begin with.
Yeah, no thanks. Harsh? Nope. He's gotta learn that THAT type of behavior will NOT be tolerated and is NOT going to merit anything but being ignored. I am not going to let a five year old get away with THAT kind of behavior in the hopes that he gets his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment