Custom Search

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Noooooo! I don't WANT to get up....


For the preteen, Monday mornings are ALWAYS a bitch. Who am I kidding... EVERY morning where he is made to get up is a bitch. It's always so much about the drama! "NoooooooO! I'm still TIRED!" Meow mew mew mew MEOOOOOOOW! Whine! Moan! Groan, mew mew! Why do I have to get up so early? Do I have to go to school? CHEEZ! Why do you have to wake me up so early in the morning? It' MEAN! Blah, blah, blah....
The saving grace is pancakes and bacon. Doesn't take much in the grand scheme. Pancakes and bacon? Easy peasy, simple as pie! Or rather pancakes and bacon. One whiff and he reverts back to the adorable little kid I used to know, who, no matter how little or how much sleep he had gotten the night before, he always woke up with a smile on his face, hair-standing-straight-up-bed-head and that goofy sleepy face that all little kids have. Now I get the sour puss-ed, crew cut-sporting, grimace... Except when he smells pancakes and bacon... Who doesn't like to start the morning off with pancakes and bacon? Ahhh... He is his mother's child....

No comments:

Post a Comment