Custom Search

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mind Melding....

I wish I could "mind meld" with people in order to understand them... I mean, come ON! How many times have you ever wondered, "What the FUCK are you thinking? No, seriously??!??" about someone you're talking to?
I get that we all have our own opinions, our own thoughts, our own thought processes, our own way of interpreting information, our own senses that bring us to conclusions that sometimes jive with what others are thinking and other times not. Understandable, right? But please explain to me how some of the conclusions that some people come up with make any kind of sense at all.
I love people watching. It's a thing. Doing it gives me a good sense of the people around me, especially in a social situation. It helps me to avoid anyone that I can't be bothered with and network with the people who are worth my precious time.
Things happen at the speed of life in any kind of social situation whether it be at a party, a gathering at a local pub, a get together at a restaurant... It doesn't matter. If you have ten or more people, it happens. Separate social interactions. A single group of people becomes a few to several groups of people. They all have their own thing going, talking about all sorts of things from politics to makeup. That's not the problem. It's the conversation sharks... Run tunt... Run tunt... Runtunt runtunt runtunt..... It wouldn't be so bad if they had a valid point to add to the conversation or a well thought out opinion to enlighten the group with... Not always the case is it...
People like that come into the conversation with their cups already full.... Of crap. A nice conversation or a light-hearted debate turns into a one man intellectually constipated verbal diarrhea rant of no substance and all corn. If you try to disagree, you're an idiot. If you try to point out the flaw in their thinking process, you're an idiot.  If you try and explain something to them, you're an idiot...
Seek them out beforehand and you save yourself a lot of grief. If you have the patience to try and figure out what their deal is... God bless you. Until they can come up with a super secret, special, ultra, mega mind meld thing where I can know ahead of time where the "off switch" in their heads are, I don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment