Custom Search

Thursday, October 21, 2010

POUT!

So the pre-teen got into a fight at school. As far as I'm concerned, eh...
There had been an on going incident at school with one particular boy. They had been swearing at each other, slamming each other's lockers shut... Blah, blah, blah...
This whole thing could have been nipped in the bud had one of them said something to a teacher or their "house leader", but of course... Well, no.
Proper protocol was not followed.
Push came to shove, quite literally and apparently, my boy punched the other in the face. Both of them were sent to the principal's office and I got the call... Three minutes later, I was storming up the steps of the very same school that I had graced the halls of years before... (No, I won't say how many... ) Three days of suspension... Great!
As we were getting back into the car to go back to the house, pre-teen says to me, "The only reason why I punched him was because he put his hands on my throat... I didn't want him to get into more trouble..."    WHAT?!??
Taking the steps two at a time, back into the principal's office. I explained that although my boy did not follow proper protocol, the other boy shoved first, making the situation "hands on", so my boy shoved back. Pushing and shoving does not a fight make. It was made very clear that although random fighting in school would not be tolerated at home, my boy has been given full permission to finish what someone else starts should a situation escalate and he isn't the one throwing the first punch. I'm not saying he should get hit first, I'm just saying he shouldn't be throwing the first punch, but all bets are off if the first punch comes AFTER the thumbs of the opponent cross at the throat.
One day of suspension instead of three because he DID get into a fight. The pouting came when I went to pick up his homework at school and made him do it. Oh, and I'm a dork. Big surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment