Custom Search

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Otis...

Otis is my geriatric wiener dog... (The one I lost was a lab mix...) When I say "geriatric", I mean it... I think Otis may have been Jesus' dog when He was a little boy...
Otis is not too bright, not very friendly, "goes" everywhere and he smells funny. He doesn't play, he doesn't do tricks, he doesn't do anything special. He snores and farts when he's sleeping, he hates other dogs and he doesn't really do much but sleep. Otis is losing his sight, has lost his hearing, is arthritic and often has "senior moments". He'll get up from a sunny spot, go trotting along like he has a purpose, pause, sit down and look around like he lost his train of thought... (His train doesn't get lost. It's more like the train derails, blows up and sits in fiery ruins...) He's cranky, he's ornery and he randomly barks at the noises in his head. His definition of "exercise" is getting up from where he was sleeping to go find a sunny spot to sleep in, but I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world... I might think about it, but the answer would still be, "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment