Custom Search

Friday, August 27, 2010

An Ebay thing...


Mom's Maze of Terror, a.k.a. the basement, has yielded some pretty amazing finds... Otherwise I probably wouldn't be down there... Who am I kidding? Yes, I would. The expeditions down to the dungeons are perilous and I am risking my safety and well being by traversing the corridors of that dark and evil place... There are dangers and booby traps, pitfalls and evil creatures summoned from the very bowels of hell itself tromping around down there! (They don't want to be there! It's just that they can't find their way out!)
I've met some pretty amazing people through Ebay too. Kinda like mom's torture chamber for trinkets, treasures and knickknacks... Sure there are dangers and pitfalls, but you can find some real gems out there too. Alright, maybe I do obsess a little too much about Ebay, but considering what I got "awarded" for child support... Hell! If I can earn some money and still be home for the kids and be the one to raise them instead of hiring someone else to do it for me, than I consider Ebay to be a healthy obsession.
Klawed9 is an amazing woman. Who helped to restore my faith in people. Her "obi story" is one that will be told to my daughter and her daughter and her daughter's daughter for many generations down the line...
Hemi_cuda911 and Pussanova have swooped in and lent a helping hand and some sound advice about things Ebay...
Then there is Shoparoundsue56. This woman is an unbelievable example of humanity, kindness, compassion and humility. Her life had taken more than a bunch of zigs and zags, but her demeanor is still one of sincerity, calm and is truly inspirational. One of those people who you come across and feel cheated because you hadn't known them all along...
Ebay is like "Life-Lite".  With people and with the things that you purchase or sell. Skate through most of it without a fuss, nameless, faceless, whatever.  You run into some bumps, trip, fall and get all bloodied up... But you also come across things that are worthwhile... Significant and it ain't all bad if you stop a bit, take a breath and look around...

No comments:

Post a Comment