Custom Search

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ungh... Duh...


There are just certain days when I wake up and I already know that I will not be functioning that day. The alarm goes off and instead of the lightening quick flash of arm that shoots out at an impossible velocity to hit the snooze button from a state of sound sleep, I fall out of the bed and made the alarm clock fall onto the back of my head as a result. It was actually a clever tactic... I arrested the fall out of bed with my face to avoid hurting myself too severely and brought the alarm clock closer to myself to shut it off... Not buyin' it huh? I didn't think so...
Well, that should have been my first indication that it would be one of those days and I probably should have stayed in bed. But no... So "Sneeze or pee?" Was the next game I played.... I opted to do the second first (as I will not ever make THAT mistake again...), but the sneeze came swiftly while I did... Of course, there was no toilet paper... So I sat on the can with what looked like green party streamers hanging out of my nose... It was awesome. I reached around the corner to grab some tissues and took care of both issues and grumbled while I replaced the damn TP.

I burned my TOE with some hot oil from the frying pan when I was cooking breakfast... Follow here... MY TOE! How does that happen? I don't know... I guess I'm just special like that... I stubbed that very same toe in the door frame as I was walking to the front hall to send the broody teen to the bus stop.
With two of the boys off at school, I decided to catch a few more Z's until it was time for Little Pwintheth Poofy Panth and her other brother to wake up... The sweet little girl decided that when she DID wake up that it would be great to climb into the bed ever so quietly, without waking the mommy, then take a flying leap into the air and drop an elbow right onto my kidney. Ain't she a sweetie? When the wave of nausea passed and I was finished making incoherent bellowing noises and the little darling was placed into the penalty box, I started getting ready for the day...

By this time, the rest of the household is up and bustling about. After sending the younger ones off to school, I stared at some paper work for about twenty minutes and decided patents and other technical "stuff" was going to have to wait for another day and I opted to watch Nick Jr. for a little while since it was left on. The synapses were not firing correctly, because watching Bubble Guppies and Team Umi Zumi was confusing and it hurt the lumpy thing that sits atop my shoulders...

Not that the rest of the day got any better... I think the boys decided to pick THIS day specifically to fight and bicker and drive each other nuts, round 1 dinner was burned and ruined... Bedtime routines were a challenge and I think I may have ruptured something... I don't think there was ever a day that I wanted to haul my carcass back into bed MORE...

Then I get to tucking the motley crew into bed and I get four, "Night-night, Mommy! I love you! See you in the morning!"   Sigh... Ya know? Another rotten day ruined by four little squishy lumps... Stupid smile on my face giving away the fact that it wasn't a rotten day after all, or at least not as bad as I had originally thought because they make it all worthwhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment