Custom Search

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hey look! A chicken!


There are so many things that go on inside my head at any given moment, all the time, every day. It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't know what it's like. The constant bombardment of "noise" is something that I lived with for as long as I can remember. A good portion of the time, I am able to stay on task and do what I need to do. There are days find it very hard to focus on things simply because it seems everything distracts me from the task at hand. I eventually get the things I need to do, done, it just takes a little longer. Then there are days where "scatterbrain" cannot even begin to cover my issues. I lose objects, I lose my trains of thought about everything even mid sentence, my conversations seem almost non-coherent because I skip from one subject to another and if I'm talking to someone who doesn't know me, I sound like a babbling idiot. Shiny things and fast moving objects snag my attention, my brilliance runs into overdrive and then I get the bouts of insomnia. The O.C.D. makes it all worse because I tend to obsess on certain ideas, thoughts, concepts, songs, pictures, whatever and then, it gets worse from there.
I know I covered this in a post, and what it's like to live with my brain but strangely, it seems there are those who still don't quite "get it" and find the need to make fun of or make light of it or even try to tell me that it was all in my head and that there isn't a problem, get over it. "But they make a pill for that, you know..." Yes, I do know, but it also changes everything that makes me who I am. It chemically alters your brain and changes your personality. It stops the flow of this and and increases the flow of that. It blocks this and blocks that. We live in a society that is over medicated. Seriously. And I've spent enough time having someone trying to tell me who and what I was supposed to be, who I was expected to be. Bite me.
I'll keep my "issues" thank you. I've lived with them all my life and quite honestly, I think I'd be at a loss without them. I still manage to function, proficiently. I still manage to get everything that I need to get done, done and well. And my quirks set me apart from the crowd. We've already got too many dime a dozen, wannabe/ wish they were, cookie cutter clones walking around in their pathetic little existences in their little bubbles. I like who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment