Custom Search

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Enough already!


We have enough bullshit that needs to be dealt with in our day to day lives. Bills, (yes, I actually have bills), stress, life, just the day to day insanity of trying to find balance and equilibrium... Then of course, you pile on top of that, the stuff going on outside your own four walls: crime, wars, poverty, economy woes, people being selfish and  shitty, government this, religion that, politics... I stopped watching the news and reading the papers years ago. I mean, there really is no avoiding current events though, is there... Life is happening everywhere, all the time, every day. Duh, right? There are things that are within my control to fix or affect or change, ad there are things I cannot. I do my best and do my share. Added on top of all the other day to day stuff within my four walls so to speak. That's life.

Then you get the jackasses that will try and heap their woes on top of your shit and try to make all the things they're miserable about your problem. I am not talking about the sharing of the burdens of woes, I am talking about a full on assault of "I am miserable, so therefore I will make you and everyone else around me miserable too, just so I can feel a little better about myself because I'm a selfish piece of shit like that" kind of stuff. As if I didn't already have enough to deal with?

Taking the time to clear off the unnecessary crap at the beginning and end of every day has been the greatest thing I've ever started doing for myself. Does it work all the time? No. But at least I'm making the attempts and I feel better. There's only so much I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment