Custom Search

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The "club"....


Exclusivity seems to be a trend... It follows through the school years, all throughout college and beyond... "You're not part of 'the club' so you wouldn't understand..." I never really got that. I think that it is the diversity of a group that makes for a great time. How fun is it really when you have twelve of the same person in a crowd? I would rather think that it would just be stupid and boring. I might as well sit home and have an intellectual conversation with my reflection in a mirror... Diversity makes for more stimulating conversations. When you have a group of people from different backgrounds, different political standpoints, different ideals, different belief and religions. Someone who will say, "That's fucked up and these are the reasons why..." or "I agree with you on this point, but I disagree here because of these reasons..." It opens up a dialog that can be deeper than your standard, "I know! I totally feel the same way because that's what you said and I would have said the same thing!" You learn more about yourself, your friends and about the world in general because it may open you up to something you may not have even thought of. Then, me being who I am, I will go out of my way and find out more, learn, discover, uncover... Whatever. Simply because I want to know more.
We've got our own "club", me and mine, and it's not really "exclusive" so to speak. There are certain things and behaviors that we won't tolerate of course, but  for the most part, we've opened up the doors for everyone who wanted to cross the threshold. We talk about all manner of subjects and topics and we won't mince words if we feel passionately about something, but at the end of the night, there aren't any hurt feelings. Go figure.... I guess that's what it means to have a mature friendship...
Our club ROCKS more than yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment