Custom Search

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Rules...


I swear on all things holy, there are times when I think my kids don't speak English and they resort back to the primitive non-thinking part of their brains making them behave like animals.
We have rules... I'm sure every household has certain rules in their homes too. With four kids, we have ones that help to maintain peace, order and balance. Just because the rules are in place doesn't mean that they are followed and there is always peace order and balance, but none the less, the rules are in place.

Most of the times, it takes a little growling and they snap back in line and everything is cool. Other times... Not so much. Then when I start to laying down the tirade, the kids are looking at me like I was explaining physics in a different language. It's awesome. It's even better when I get the "We didn't know!" because it's not like these are NOT the same rules we've had in play since ever I had kids... Then when the ultimatum is laid down, I get the mass head tilt, the look of "Why?".  Are you kidding? Separated time outs last for about 30seconds, but it's funny how within that thirty seconds, something changes and everything resets itself and all is well again for about another hour before we have to repeat the process again...

<Sigh...> What doesn't kill me makes me stronger and I will be rewarded with grandchildren. Yup... Grandchildren that will fill my children with the same kind of daily insanity because their little ones will be just like them...

No comments:

Post a Comment