Custom Search

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cats...


I don't know what it is about cats and dead things, but they love their little dead furry things. I had a bunch of feral cats in my neighborhood. Regardless of the weather, I always saw them wandering around. I started putting out boxes in the woods around the property and leaving the garage door cracked open just enough for them to sneak in especially when the weather turned bad. It worked out. I didn't have rodent problems at all and the cats had somewhere safe to crash out for a couple of hours from time to time.
The problem was the way they showed their gratitude... It was great that they wanted to, but I have to tell you, I really didn't like the "Let's see what the cats left for me on the front doorstep today!" game. It wasn't exactly one of my most favorite games. Sometimes they were dead furry things or scaly things, slimy things, feathered things... Sometimes they weren't so dead and still twitching or flopping around... A couple of times they were very much alive and either very confused or VERY angry...
The sucker that I am, I always called out, "Thanks guys!" before I got rid of the dead / not dead thing of the day. I'm really not sure if it was gratitude or if they were just fucking with me, but I like to see it as them being grateful... I'm just going to keep telling myself that....

No comments:

Post a Comment