Custom Search

Friday, June 20, 2014

And that means what to me?


I've been called a lot of things in my time and quite honestly, I'm sure I've been called worse. I let a lot of these things go and quite honestly, I am a bit too calloused to be affected too much about what people say about me to care too much of their opinions any more. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I would truly be impressed however if these same people who criticize me could turn that critical eye on themselves and be harsh and honest about their own short comings and voice them out loud.
It's hard to look in the mirror and be honest about yourself. I get it. But at the end of the day, a strong person looks into the mirror, recognizes their shortcomings as a flawed human being and takes steps forward to do something about said shortcomings. THAT'S the important part. I may still be working on that bit, but I've come a long way. A lot further than most.
I'm a work in progress. I say it a lot and I suppose I won't ever get to a point in my life where I can say, "I'm done. I'm perfect just the way I am!" I know that there are many things that I can still change about myself for the better to be a better person. It's a slow and steady process. I'll get there... Just sayin'......
So go on about your sad little lives and speak what you will about me. You have my pity. Carry on. It's okay. You'll just have to pretend that I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment