Custom Search

Thursday, August 14, 2014

What is beauty, anyway....


What is it with this need for perfection with people? And by whose definition do we have to judge what "beautiful" is? Our children are constantly being bombarded with ads on billboards, magazines, television, posters, all over and everywhere about what the "ideal", perfect whatever is and quite honestly, they are unrealistic..... Quite honestly, they're kinda creepy looking.
I don't know if there really IS such a thing as to what "perfection" is, beauty being within the eye of the beholder and all. Take, for example"  Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox. Some people believe them to be absolutely GORGEOUS. Me? I think they are rather ..."special" looking..... I don't find them to be remotely attractive. Same with Brad Pitt and that other "famous guy" who's name escapes me right now. Meh.... But then on the other side of that, I have a self proclaimed "funny looking guy" whom I find to be most attractive and whom I adore. Funny how that all works out.
But it continues to be that we have to be constantly harassed by advertisements telling us what "ideal and perfect" is and determining the impossible standards, which we should go out and achieve even if it kills us..... But, of course, my being one who has to question everything, I ask, "Why the hell should I have to?" I think that the ideal is to be teaching people to be comfortable in their own skin and liking themselves for who they are. I think that's what one of the big problems with people. Yes. It's something THAT petty. A piss poor self image leads to a person being miserable, therefore EVERYONE else around them should be miserable too and they go about and make sure that they make everyone miserable. Whether it's the way they look or the way they are, they don't like who they are and instead of pinpointing the faults within themselves and trying to fix or accept them, they lash out. If you think about it, most people are malicious piece of crap simply because they are miserable in their own lives for whatever reason and are self righteous douchewads thinking that they have the right to drag others down into their eternal pit of misery as well. Think of bullies and their motivations...... They're very similar.
We need to be encouraging positive self image to our children and not feeding their negative self image by showing them that there really IS no standard to measure perfection.
I suppose my ideas here are a bit idealistic and naive and I also suppose that miserable, self righteous pieces of shit will always remain miserable, self righteous pieces of shit, simply because it's impossible to outwardly admit any kind of wrong doing on their part..... The best I can do is leave them to rot in their pit of despair as they fester and infect everything else in their own miserable lives. Not on MY time, not in MY house and certainly not at MY expense. I've got better ways to deal with THAT kind of shit now.
Getting back to point here: I'm tired of having what "perfection" is determined for me. I'm tired of being told what I should be, who I should be, what I should look like..... I like the fact that I have my own "unique" look. I LOVE the fact that I am loved for who I am by those who matter most. I don't need the acceptance of the petty majority anyway. I don't need to put up a front and be someone I'm not simply to please those I really couldn't give a shit about anyway. It should never be about, "God forbid if they knew the real me!" It should be, this is who I am. Love it or leave it, but don't tread on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment