Custom Search

Monday, August 25, 2014

Full Moon Fever........

I don't really know whether it's just an old wives tale or what, but even according to some nightshift cops, the full moon does bring out the kooks. I don't know whether it is a subconscious thing, that, because we've always heard that the full moon brings out the kooks, that the kooks come out or if there really is some credence to the fact that maybe the phases of the moon DOES in fact affect behavior, but I do come to wonder about it sometimes...

What is it about the aura of mystery or the weird allure of the full moon that makes it so mystical and whatnot? I mean here is this bright shining orb in the night sky and it's creepy and eerie, but pretty and sexy at the same time. I've often sat and looked up into the night sky and wondered what the hell else was up there. With the A.D.D. going on, I always got distracted by the bright, shiny thing in the sky and ended up sitting there open mouthed and grinning stupidly at it before thinking about cats and soccer and HEY LOOK! A MOTH! GAAAK! I swallowed it! :cough, cough, gag:

So much is associated with the cycles of the moon, and phases of the moon, a full moon and all that kind of stuff, it makes me wonder if there really is some truth to some, most or all of it. (Well, maybe not all...) I mean, it supposedly affects everything from the Earth's gravity to our moods and all that other crazy shit that goes on. I mean come on.... Who doesn't think "werewolf" when they hear the words "full moon"? Alright.... I'll admit it, I also think of people dropping trou and flashing their bare asses to strangers for shits and giggles...

I suppose one day I could try and do a little research of my own and chart out the phases of the moon and gauge my children's behaviors according to the different lunar moments. I mean I have a diverse enough bunch, all with VERY different personalities and there might actually be some reward to this. I mean think about it.... If I knew how my children were gonna be like beforehand, it would probably save me a lot of grief..... Hmm...... Stay tuned.... To the interwebz!

No comments:

Post a Comment