Custom Search

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cults...


I don't really get the whole idea of these "open minded" cults, for lack of a better term. I LOVE going in and fucking with the feng shui of discussions that they have happening, JUST to raise the heat and see if these people can stand on their own convictions with the facts they claim to have. It's not that I have a problem with people having their beliefs. I have a problem with people supporting their beliefs with WHY they believe the way they do. Having a solid "belief" system is a wonderful thing. It keeps us going and forms the very foundations in which we base our every day lives. But WHY do we believe in the things we do? I think being able to support the reasons why is as important, if not more so in keeping with this system that we base our individual lives on.....

Bring in these "cults". They have rules and laws in which they lives their lives, (much like religion...... ) but they have a hard time standing by their own convictions when asked to justify or explain their reasons. I ask, what is the fucking point in having some kind of belief structure if you really can't believe them or stand behind them for yourself? And to top it off, what gives you the right to press these same beliefs onto someone else and try to suppress someone else's core of beliefs because you thinks yours sounds better...... Sounds a bit like oppression and it scares me. It also seems to me that the very same people don't even understand or know what in the hell they've put their beliefs in.

Cults feed on the weak little minds of those who can't think for themselves. It's rather twisted and scary if you think about it. It spreads hate and anger and ultimately violence because some "dogma" was spread as gospel, when quite honestly, the source of these preachings were nothing more than half cocked opinions of some self righteous douchebag who probably heard it from somewhere else because they couldn't come up with an original thought to save their own skins.....

I choose to think for myself. I choose to analyze and pick apart things that are put forth in front of me to be accepted simply because I am one who CAN think for themselves. I choose to believe based on truth and facts. Maybe it makes me "wrong". Perhaps it is the path to hell. Regardless of the fact, I chose. If it makes me wrong, then so be it. I'm wrong. If that makes me an asshole, then fine. I'm an asshole. But I have a damn good feeling that it will serve me well in the many years to come before me. It seems to be working now since I've come to discover that it truly DOES work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment