Custom Search

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Distracted.....

It's no secret that I have attentional issues.... It follows me wherever I go, no matter what I'm doing. But it is especially true when I'm talking on the phone. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone. You know... It's all whatever.

I mean, it's bad enough that I've got attentional issues and all, but probably 90% of the time, when I'm talking on the phone, I'm also doing something else. Which leads to my only getting part of the conversation, me repeating myself a lot, a lot of inane babbling, and long pauses. It's pretty awesome.

I can handle short phone conversations and stuff and if it's something important, I write the shit down. I have to. If I don't, I remember nothing. I'm one of those people that has to write everything down.Whatever. So, during longer conversations on the phone, once the attention leaves and I'm distracted by something else, I'm basically in auto pilot and I am NOT absorbing ANY of the conversation any more. If you stop hearing the pen scritch scritching on a piece of paper or I'm responding with the "Uh-huh.... No, yeah, I'm here..... Uh-huh..... " while I throw in random questions here and there that may or may not have anything to do with the topic at hand, I'm no longer a part of that conversation.

Puppy Guts knows this all too well about me and can sense the moment I've "left the building". It's kind of awesome having someone who knows me well. But he also knows how to steer me back into the conversation because he knows that I was gone, which is also made of awesome because it shows he REALLY know me well. See? I'm doing it again as I type up this post and he felt the disturbance in the force and he's steering me back into the conversation with him on the phon........

No comments:

Post a Comment