Custom Search

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Immaturity......

I guess I can consider myself a little immature. I mean, yes, I'm grown and stuff, but that's not to say I still don't laugh at stupid jokes and potty humor, I find cartoons to be amusing, I play with toys and video games, I make funny faces at people behind their backs, although I do not mock people and make fun of them. I merely repeat what they're saying and emphasize their words with pure stupidity. But, honestly? What is "immaturity"? The way I see it, it's just a word boring people use to describe awesome and fun people.... 

There are plenty of people who will look down their noses at me for being the way I am and quite honestly, that's fine by me. Regardless of anything, I get things done. Whatever needs doing gets done and done well and on time or early. It's called BEING RESPONSIBLE. One of the basic things you kinda need to do to be considered grown... It's not "make an excuse or put it off for later because the rules can't possibly apply to me or whatever anyway! I can always blame someone else because it's not my fault. It couldn't possibly be..." Shut the fuck up and get the shit done.


 I try to go out of my way to help people, whether they are deserving of it or not. And in the cases where it's "not", regardless of whether it's because they're fucking stupid, think they deserve the treatment because of some entitlement complex or just have their heads rammed so far up their own asses that they just don't see it, I rarely get thanked, if ever. If I was truly as childish as some people claim, I wouldn't be as helpful and to top it off, I'd probably tell them to go blow a goat. 


I've seen some who calls themselves "mature" or "refined" be downright malicious and "high school drama" and yet, I'M the one who's immature..... Pfft. Whatever. Aaaack! At least I know the difference between right and wrong, I make apologies when I need to and I get what needs to be done, DONE. Done right, done well, and done on time. 


Judge me, don't judge me. It really doesn't bother me too much. I am going to continue doing what I do and going about being who it is that I am. I'm tired of putting on "the public face" and pretending to be someone else because that was what I was told I needed to be. I am tired of seeing it on a lot of the people everywhere around me. I've come to realize who I am, and flawed, to be sure, instead of trying to mask these flaws over, I've taken steps to fix them, unlike far too many I've seen who worry far too much about what others think. It's a more liberating process to let the facade fall and actually fix problems. But, some will never see that. What a shame....


In the meantime, I'll keep my "immaturity" thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment