Custom Search

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My attention issues...


Sure I space out or zone out and lack the plastic thingy to hold the six pack together when it comes to paying attention. It's not like that's uncommon. And I hate the blanket term "A.D.D." and I hate it being used on all the people who may have.... Short attention spans. Hey look! A chicken! (Focus Mia...) Hmm? Oh... Right... I have a rather diminutive attention span. I lose trains of thoughts, I lose focus and I forget what I'm doing. Of course there are times when I am able to laser focus my attentions! I mean, I'm not off wherever ALL the time. But other times... Well... Not so much. I lose track of objects, I lose track of conversations, I lose track of what I was saying, I lose track of thought processes... Sometimes I can bring myself back to whatever, sometimes not. I've been known to say "What was I saying?" or "What was I doing?" quite a bit. And as far as trying to remember something or whatever? I have to write everything down. I mean everything.   ....Marble..... Huh?
Sometimes it's just a matter of my not paying attention to the subject matter, like someone nannering on about something I really don't care about or maybe it's the person I really couldn't give a crap about.... Shiny..... Wha? Other times  I get distracted by a something or a thought that pops up in my head or whatever.
I constantly have a gajillion things going on inside my head. Random thoughts, a random song, a random image, a random movie clip, a random quote, a random math equation, a random series of events... All happening at once, all the time. It doesn't shut off. ....oooh... a rock.... It's always a constant barrage of stuff. Some days I can "ignore" it and other days, it just takes over and I seems like a scatterbrain, but those are the days I am also at my most brilliant. It's weird.
Is it that I have A.D.D.? Well, I like to think of it more as spreading around my focus to many different things all at once and "multitasking". Hey LOOK! SQUIRREL!

No comments:

Post a Comment