Custom Search

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Truth Be Told...


I have a lot of opinions. There's no questioning or denying that. I have opinions on everything. Some of them are stronger than others. The great thing about it is, I have the right to voice every single one of those opinions... And I do. It's awesome. It's my God given right in this country to be able to speak my mind and say what I have to say, write what I have to write, type what I have to type and have whoever wants to hear my opinion hear it. Obviously, there are limitations to this right, but I'm not going to be yelling "FIRE!" in  crowded building just for kicks any time soon.
Am I politically correct? Fuck no! That's the great thing about having an opinion and being able to express them. There are going to be people who agree with me and others of those who don't... And what do you know! That's their right too. I just don't want someone  treading on mine because they don't agree with me and try to tell me to keep my snappin' gyro shut. I'll shut my mouth when I'm good and ready. Until then, I still have quite a bit more to say. Have a problem with that? Come talk to me about it... In person... I'll give you the opportunity to TRY and MAKE me shut my mouth...You WILL fail.
Political correctness is a load of shit. I have no problems calling a spade a spade and speaking my mind. Do I curb myself in certain situations? Of course I do, but this proper society shit? Really? Who the fuck determined what "proper" is? I mean I am doing my best to instill manners and good behaviors into my children. It's challenging on most days because they just want to behave like little animals  sometimes, but steady and true, I try to remain consistent with it. Behavior and "political correctness" are two very different animals from one another.
Political correctness is about saving the feelings of the pansy assed, sackless  pussies. Fuck that shit. Fat is fat. No matter which way you slice it, the world can see a fat person and say, "Yeah, that person is fat..." The same holds true for ugly people, stupid people, cowards... You get the idea. And for people to get offended for being what they are just seems ridiculous to me as well. Obviously, there are certain things that cannot be changed. I am short. I can't do anything about that. Quirky and funny looking... Well, I suppose I could try and curb the quirky behavior (Yeah, right...) and well, honestly? I've come to terms with who and what I am a long time ago. "Opinionated bitch"? Why, yes, thank you. Yes. Yes, I am.
There are just some truths that everyone sees that no matter what kind of "spin" gets put on it, the underlying fact is still going to be ever present and glaring. The "spin" are just excuses, trying to pass off blame or the attempts to look guiltless trying to sound like the victims, or my favorite, avoidance of the issues all together. The inability to acknowledge wrongdoing... Cowardice. Pfft!
Now, don't get me wrong. It's human nature. It's hard to come out and say, "I was wrong and I apologize..." It's not as simple as just doing it. There is a matter of pride and blah, but when it comes down to it, coming forth and admitting fault and apologizing makes for showing better character and substance in a person than "pretending" and being an empty shell of a human being. I see it far too often and it's rather sad. I don't so much feel angry because I suppose most can't help themselves. Whether a product of upbringing and the weakness of not being able to fight or just choice simply because of cowardice, those people have my pity.
I like calling people out. Call it repressed confrontational issues, call it "being a bitch", call it "Fred" if you want to... It's sad to see people who think they are getting away with shit when everyone around them have seen things in a different light. What's even more sad is the lies they have to tell themselves and believing said lies to feel better about things. Wrong is wrong. No matter which way it's seen and by whom. The only people that the false pretenses, "image", "outward appearance" or whatever is fooling are the people who put them up. When the light is cast onto the shadows and everything is revealed for all to see... Well, let's just say it takes a lot more work to try and hide truths again. Own up, apologize and don't make the same fuckin' mistakes again. It's the best way to go about things. Whole truths hold up a lot better than half truths. To be able to turn around and say, "What about EVERYTHING that I've said isn't true?" is quite satisfying. The ultimate in shutting someone down and destroying their self righteous OODA loop and silencing them is quite entertaining. Watching a person flounder while the gears in their heads start smoking and grinding while trying to come up with a comeback to hide guilt again... Priceless!
Do I fail in some of the stuff I preach? Of course. I'm not above everybody else. I've never claimed to be. But at least I am taking more positive steps forward in order to right certain wrongs that I have done. I don't expect to be able to right the wrongs that were done to me. Quite honestly, unless people have some kind of "come to Jesus" moment, it'll never happen. I can't change the people. I can only make positive changes in myself and for myself. Two steps forward, one step back... Sometimes more... But at least I'm doing it. In the meantime, I speak up and out.
So, yeah... No. I don't see myself shutting up any time in the near future. Sure there are tons of things that I rant and rave about. I'm allowed to do so. When I rant and rave about certain things, sometimes it is opinion. I'm allowed those too. Sometimes it is fact. Guess what? I'm allowed to comment upon those too. If that makes me just a loud mouthed bitch, well then so be it. I'm a loud mouthed bitch... Feel free to change the word "bitch" to anything else you see fit. I'm sure I've been called worse and quite honestly, there isn't anything that most people could say to me that would affect me anyway. Opinions of me... Go figure! People are allowed to have those.
Oh and please make sure that when quoting me, you are doing so CORRECTLY and in the proper context in which a statement was made. And please do make sure that it was in fact I who said it. (The difference between whole truths and half truths?) Don't misquote me and then tell me to shut up. It's as good as lying to suit your own needs. When the dam breaks and the truth comes rushing forth, the houses of cards will come crashing down. Call it a quirk, but I HATE when words get put in my mouth. I can understand "misunderstanding" me, but don't put words in my mouth.
Yeah, kthnxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment