Custom Search

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Bert".......

It's been a long and rough road, huh? Here you are, 16 years old today and wow.....

There was a time when you came to me with every little problem you had. And you know what? I was ALWAYS ready with a solution because I always had the answer. Then came a time when you became a "young man" and maybe it wasn't as easy, but when you did, I was ALWAYS ready and happy to help. Then you became a pre-teen..... Then I NEVER had the answers, even though I was always ready and able. I was the biggest dork in your life. Then, you became a teenager. Was there a time you remember that you thought I did anything right?

Well, there has been a lot of life lived from the time you were 13, until this day, the day you turn 16. What can I say? Yes, there are a few things that I wish I had done differently. I will be the first to admit that. You will have to agree that you did NOT exactly come with a set of instructions nor were you the easiest person to get along with. I did try to obtain a "How to Raise YOUR Boy" manual, but the people at the hospital just laughed.......

This year has been a rough one with loads of drama that neither one of us really wanted to deal with, but here we are. As we move forward, I can only hope that you know, I always have and always will love you with everything that I am. I'm sorry that sometimes I am "such a bitch". I'm sorry that there has to be rules and schedules and everything can't be the way you want it, when you want it, how you want it, all the time, but I promise, I am doing the best that I can.

Happiest of birthdays to you "Doo-Bert". Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment