Custom Search

Friday, April 4, 2014

I hate people...


Why is it that the ratio of cool people that I meet is miniscule compared to the stupid, whiny, self absorbed, assholes that I have the displeasure of running across?
I realize that I'm no peach myself. I walk around some of the time with a sour puss on my face or stomp around like a grounded teenager on a Friday night, but when I have my kids with me, I do my best to put on a smile, remember my manners by saying things like "Hey! How are ya!" or "Please" or "Thanks!", whatever the situation would call for, and bless their little hearts, my kids remember theirs too. The thing that gets me are the people who say, "Oh wow! You're kids are so polite! I wish mine were... "  I smile and simply tell him/ her, "I expect nothing less..." even though, on the inside, I'm screaming, "Well, they were taught that that's the way it should be. I don't want to raise a bunch of whiny, selfish, lazy little shits with entitlement complexes. "
Sad to think that we live in a time when seeing manners in children is unexpected...

No comments:

Post a Comment