Custom Search

Thursday, April 24, 2014

The "Oh, SHIT!" moment...


We've all had that moment... Even my kids have, even though they won't put it into words... It's in the look.

One of my crowning moments? I saw that a couple of bolts on the automatic garage door were loose. I decided to tighten them myself. (First mistake...)

I left the garage door open (second mistake), climbed up in a 5 gallon bucket (third mistake), in clunky shoes (fourth mistake) and started screwing the bolts back in up over my head (fifth mistake).

The bucket slipped out from underneath me... Have you ever noticed how time slows down in moments like these? Yeah... All I remember was thinking "OH, SHIT! Look at your bellybutton, look at your bellybutton, belly, belly, button, button..." (I love the word "bellybutton"! It's such a fun word to say! That and "nipple"! Not too often you can use them in a sentence...)
Ouchie! Flat on my back and got the wind knocked outta me... Thankfully I was wearing a thick heavy jacket, a sweater, a turtleneck and t-shirt as it was still winter time... So , I didn't get hurt too bad... Physically... The pride was pretty bruised though... I cursed the bucket out and told it to behave or else, got back up on the fuckin' thing and tightened the damn bolts... It was ON! That shit got REAL right then!

Stubborn? You betcha, but the job got done!

No comments:

Post a Comment