Custom Search

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Remember when......

There is a "once upon a time" story in my life that I recall with vivid detail. There are a few of note, because, well, honestly, I've lived quite a bit of life in my existence here, but this one....

A quiet moment spent in hospital after a rather crazy day, 12 years ago. It was just you and me, just chilling. I remember looking down and seeing your face. I mean, one of those REALLY LOOKING at your face and memorizing every detail. That day was the first day I met you, but I already knew you in a way. I promised you the moon and stars, just like I did your brother on that first night I spent alone with him, but reminding you that I was not exactly perfect and that I may fall short sometimes. I apologized for that. I told you that there was a whole great, big world out there that I hoped you would go out into to discover all the great things, while staying well clear of all the shitty things that are out there too. I promised that I would ALWAYS love you because you are MINE and you were mine first. Even before anyone else knew, even before I knew, and you were in my tummy, you were mine first. And here you are today, growing into a fine young man and I am so very proud of you. I am proud of the super duper person you have become, and I am super duper proud of the person I know you will become. Happiest of birthdays to you my little man. Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment