Custom Search

Friday, February 1, 2013

Mommy Time Out......

There are times when I just have to walk away and take a few minutes for myself. My children might see me as infallible and I have to remind them sometimes that I am only human and that I do make mistakes. I make my apologies and we move on.

As a mom, not everything can be taken in stride and there are times when ALL of the shit will hit the fan all at once and it can become a tad overwhelming. Believe it or not, if the issues aren't completely pressing and need immediate attention, a short time out is awesome. I mean, if you're flaking out because of some immediate danger or eminent threat or something and your freaking out when you HAVE to keep a level head, then you're an idiot. But you're also an idiot if you can't just step away when it's NOT critical and you're just getting yourself all worked up for nothing.

Time out is a concept even the kids can understand. Just taking a few to calm the fuck down, chill the fuck out and come back to a level head. And they also understand when I yell out, "Time out!" and go sit in a corner. They've been made to do it and I do it too. It works. I love time out sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment