Custom Search

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pfft.... Is THAT the best you got?

It used to be that I cared so much of what others thought. And I'm not talking about people who mattered either. And what seems even MORE ridiculous to me now is the fact that I wanted so much for these people to acknowledge and like me, even though I didn't really like them. AS I started coming around though, I will admit, I cared what they said about me a little too much too. I cared a little too much about what they thought of me. Until one day....

I came to the realization that if I was going to do the whole, "I don't like you, I don't care about you, POOF be gone, I don't want you in my life!" thing, I had to let go of it all. INCLUDING the thoughts and feelings and whatnot of the people I was excising from my life. And lo and behold, it was yet another burden lifted. It actually became funny to me. And I also discovered that nothing bothers these "haters" more than showing them that their actions and words don't affect you.

What makes is GREAT is when you point out their actions. Talk about knocking a person down a couple of notches. It's the best form of revenge really, short of needing the use of a backhoe, and private acreage in the backwoods of some other state. But, prison orange is NOT a good color for me, so, I'll just stick with what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment