Custom Search

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Anti-social? Maybe.......

I guess there are times when I go out, I may seem a little standoffish. Or sometimes, I am very standoffish. It amuses me to no end that it seems to bother people when I ignore them, and they try harder to amuse, impress or get me to like them, which is weird. And of course, that annoys me further, I will make ait perfectly clear that I want nothing to do with them  and I turn into, what they call, a bigger bitch. Seriously?

I really tried to understand what it was that motivated people to try so fucking hard. Was it low self esteem? Maybe the need to feel accepted because of some unfulfilled social something or another? Maybe a psychological need to feel that other people like them because deep down, they know that they're really just shallow, empty little people living shallow empty little lives. I don't know. Any way you slice it, it's just plain idiotic.

Maybe this is just another one of those things that makes me an absolute bitch. Whatever. But if I truly think someone isn't worth my time to speak to or interact with, I'm not going to bother or try. So it brings up the point that I tend to talk to random strangers like the local homeless guy over lunch or something. I get that most people would overlook a guy like him. Haggard and old, but sharp. He sits on his bench, staring out into the world with the most unbelievably blue eyes..... I swear he looks at things like he doesn't miss a thing. Soft spoken and always quick with a kind word too, and always with an amazing story of his youth. Totally worth my time interacting with and he's very happy to do it.

Then you get stupid morons who try to impress people by pretending to be something they're not, pretending to be some they aren't, and speaking out of their asses like their shit don't stink. A GREAT example.... Guts, Mitchie and I went to a bar. (It's really the start of the greatest joke EVER! It's just that we haven't come up with the punchline yet..... "A Guinea, a Kike and a Nip walk into a bar....) When I walked over to the bar, I had some asshole come "hey baby...". "Are you fucking serious?" was my reply. I told him I was armed and to go away, I wasn't interested. He whipped out a badge. I giggled. It was a court marshall's badge and I told him, "My man has one of those..... Except his is real." At which point my dearest Puppy Guts was already walking over. As quick as he whipped that thing out, it disappeared just as fast. I think he may have shit himself a little..... I suppose that THAT particular interaction was kind of worth it because the look on that asshole's face was absolutely PRICELESS, but still, given the choice, I guess I would rather have been left alone.

Maybe my non-need to feel that people accept me makes me antisocial, maybe not. It really doesn't bother me too much. I'd really much rather see it as "selective about my social choices" and save what sanity I have left and NOT deal with every asshole  that comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment