Custom Search

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I don't get it....

There are more than two kinds of people in the world and most of them, I can't stand. Sure, there are a few people I like. I'm not a complete antisocial, loner with no friends. But I do have to stop and ask, WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH PEOPLE NOW A DAYS??!?!?!!

I don't know how many of you out there really stop and take a look around at the people you're amidst, but holy shit balls! Watching them is like a watching my own personal freak show! All sorts of little people, going about their little lives, trapped in their own little realities, and can't even see passed their own little worlds. Their children are spoiled and are handed everything they want to appease them, when back in MY day (holy shit, I feel old.... ) we worked for that shit. Sorry.... Tangent.

Most people aren't aware of anything else going on around them. They are clueless and ignorant and completely unaware. Me, I'm an asshole. I like to conduct "social experiments" all the time. I'll become that "weirdo" that gets the funny looks. I am the one who will start random games of tag in the parking lot of the grocery store. Dance in an aisle at the department store. Laugh in a crowded public place for no good god damned reason, just to see if I could get others to laugh along with me for no good god damned reason. I'll drop things and keep walking, just to see if someone would return it to me. I'm the asshole who will stop and help someone who looks like they need help, out. I am "THAT weirdo".

But I gave this a whole bunch of thought and came to the conclusion that I am not the weirdo here. It's everyone else around me. Life is so damn short and fleeting and yet most people can't be bothered to live beyond their comfort zones nor the "routines" that they have created for themselves. They eat the same things, they do the same things, they go about their lives never trying or doing or living. I like to make every day a small adventure by being "the weirdo". I love to laugh and play and be "immature". And simply because that's the way life should be. I don't want to just take up space and go on with life until my inevitable end.

I also believe that showing compassion and trying to help out people, whether you know them or not, whether you like them or not, whether they are worth helping or not, is something that a lot of people have forgotten how to do. People are much more quick to judge others and pass down their judgements about people then they are to stop and put themselves in these people's shoes. You know the type. They sneer at the homeless and pretend they don't exist. They give people like me, having a grand time being "weird", dirty and disapproving looks. A little bit different or outside of their construct of "normal" and they are worthy of contempt. And for what? The "I am so much better than them!" mentality sets in and the mental and emotional self pat on the back. It makes me wonder how miserable they really are that they need to make themselves feel better by judging and being so condescending to those around them, when they could actually REALY feel better about themselves if they were to take notice, take action and do something positive like bring the homeless guy a hot meal and a hot cup of coffee or join in on an impromptu boogie in aisle 5.

I'm sure that I get judged ALL THE TIME by the people who come in contact with me. But those judgements by those small minded and petty little people don't bother me. The judgements that are most harsh are the ones we pass on ourselves. And I would really rather go on about being who I am then fake it. I mean really. At the end of the each day, if I can look in the mirror and say to myself, very honestly, "I've had an excellent day today because I LIVED, I wasn't just passing the time!" then it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment