Custom Search

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I don't have nightmares...

It's the front I have to put on for the kids when they cry out in the middle of the night because they have a bad dream. "I'm scarier than anything you're going to come across in your nightmares." I tuck them into bed next to me and done. All better.
In giving this whole concept some thought, I came to the realization that MY nightmares are worlds different from THEIR nightmares. They dream about monsters and boogeymen and scary clowns and giant pink fuzzy things with sharp teeth... Mine have a lot more to do with the current state of the world, and sick, malicious, crazy people and a whole different KIND of thing that goes bump in the night.
I've come to the realization that I have to step up and BE the person in my children's lives who WILL be the savior no matter what the nightmare is when they are with me. I've also come to the realization that although being scared is okay, it's being able to push past it and DO SOMETHING that's going to make the difference. With my children's safety and well-being first and foremost fueling me, there isn't going to be a whole helluva lot that's going to stop me...

No comments:

Post a Comment