Custom Search

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cute, but DAMN!


There are times when I SWEAR there must be some kind of evil entity whispering in my children's ears telling them to do the things they do... And they KNOW that they're doing something wrong and you can see the "Oh SHIT!" look as they're doing it, but they do it anyway... I don't know if it's just defiance or what it is, but sometimes, I find that it's hard to keep a my "This is my serious face".
My middle son once unraveled a whole roll of toilet paper onto the floor. I caught him mid roll and he burst into tears, but didn't stop unrolling. He was wailing away and saying, "I'M SOWEEEEEEEEEEEE!" as he kept on doing it. My eldest threw things when he was having a temper tantrum and same deal. Crying and apologizing as he did it anyway. My youngest son is the "touch-er". Oh, you know...
Me: Don't touch that!
Youngest Son: Okay <Touch>
Me: I TOLD you not to touch that!
Youngest Son: <TOUCH>I'm <Sniffle> <TOUCH, TOUCH, TOUCH> <Sniffle>SORRY! <TOUCHITY, TOUCHITY, TOUCH, TOUCH, TOUCH!> <Sniffle> WAAAAAA! <TOUCH>   <pause>   <TOUCH>
And of course, there is my daughter... All of the above and then some with more drama and flair. She follows up with the hug and "I Wuboo!" with the puppy dog eyes and the well timed sniffle after she's done...
Yup... Little gremlins on their shoulders telling them to do things... It's the only explanation... At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself in order to keep my sense of humor about all of it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment