Custom Search

Friday, March 15, 2013

The excuse....

I know that I am VERY guilty of needing to take my own health, fitness and wellbeing a little more seriously and that I should REALLY start putting a more concerted effort into them, especially now that I am, let's face it, getting older. And I will admit, sometimes I will make excuses for why I'm NOT eating healthy sometimes or why I'm NOT working out one day. Yuppers. Guilty. I've done it, I'll probably do it again and I will more than likely continue to make an excuse or two on the days when I just don't wanna.

On the other side of that, it's not as if though I have or will let myself go completely and just stop caring all together. It's not as if though my whole entire life is just a bunch of excuses strung together with a bunch of self told lies, sprinkled with dessert cakes, McDonald's and instant food. It's not as if though I have gotten to the point where excuses aren't going to do it and that these excuses are going to mean too much of anything anymore. Don't get me wrong.... I don't have the same build as I did in my twenties. It takes a bit more effort on my part to maintain a healthy physique and it really does take a toll on me when I end up eating something that is less than healthful and I skip out on a workout or two these days.

I know I rag on fat people and go on tirades about them, but the fact of the matter is, they let themselves become that way. A little bit of self discipline and self respect and there really wouldn't be a problem for 99% of the overweight people. I'm tired of hearing that it's a glandular condition from every fat person I come across. No it's not. It's a self control issue. It is about controlling your diet. It is about getting off your ass and doing something about it. It is about proper diet and exercise. It is about what you do and what you put into your fat gobs.

I really don't understand how a person can get to that point. I mean, especially those who are morbidly obese. Eventually, no matter how gradual the weight gain, it does become plainly obvious that one needs to lose weight. I mean it should..... It gets to a point where it is no longer just a disease of the body, but a disease of the mind as well. You can't honestly tell me that these people look in the mirror and think they look alright.....

Well, I know that it fuels me all the more to try and keep fit and healthy. At least I know that when the zombie apocalypse comes, the zombies will eat all the fatties first, and will end up becoming too sluggish to run too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment