Custom Search

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What was I watching?

I don't watch a whole hell of a lot of television. Mostly reruns on TNT or some shit like that. Nothing special. I also catch episodes of Spongebob or Bubble Guppies or whatever happens to be on the TV during the kids' TV time too. Ask me about anything beyond that and I am afraid I am going to be at quite a loss. And it's not that I'm really particularly paying THAT close attention to what I'm watching either. It might just be that it's background noise to go along with whatever else I'm doing. Focusing on one thing at a time has never been a forte of mine. Then, every once in a while, something on the TV will catch my attention. Some story plot that has me on the edge of my seat for whatever reason and then...... It goes to commercial. Typical. So then I'm left sitting there like, "OH MY FUCK??!?!?!? What's going on???? What the fuck happens?!?!?!?! GAAAAAAAH!!!!!" and I'll go into the kitchen and grab a drink or something to eat, or both..... I'll sit back down and forget what the fuck I was watching. I'll start flipping channels because the commercials are still on, forget that I was waiting for the commercial to end to get back to what it was that I forgot I was watching, see something and get sucked into something else on a different channel, remember what I was watching before, go back to the other channel to discover that A.) it's gone to commercial again, B.) The show's over anyway and I missed everything and C.) I've forgotten what the other show I got into was or what channel it was on and I get doubly fucked.

It just doesn't pay to watch television. It just never works out well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment