Custom Search

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tell Granny how to work the computer!

I don't have the patience to try and teach my parents how to use their computer any more, so I recruited my children to do it. My parents are a lot nicer to them and actually try to listen when my kids are telling them what to do, whereas, when I try, I'm an idiot. My kids know their way around a computer well enough that they are able to help my parents out with whatever they need to accomplish and I don't have to deal with the verbal abuse and the frustrations that come with having to teach them AGAIN, how to do something on their stupid computer.

As technology keeps shuffling forward, my parents have come to realize that they need to try and keep up with the times. I guess that's a good thing..... Except when they don't know how to do something. Then it becomes something of a drama that I really want nothing to do with. It's crazy....

Well, one day, the crotchety old fart couldn't figure something out on his computer. I was unavailable for IMMEDIATE help, RIGHT THE FUCK THEN. Thank FUCK for that. My son went to go see what the hell was up. Bing, bang, boom! Problem solved. Then, bless his heart, he had the patience to sit and explain (about 47 times) the process of what he did and how to do the thing that my pop wanted his computer to do. Hurray! No skin off my back, no gray hairs for me, no frustration and no start of some bloody war in the office. Awesome!

I wish this would have happened sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment