Custom Search

Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me! 2013

Here it is! It's my birthday. I turn 40 today. Four decades old.... How weird is that? I'm still about as immature as I ever was and I don't feel any different.... I really thought I would, but I don't. I imagined there would be some magical shift or some "FLABAMMO! You're all grown up now!" moment, but it hasn't happened. Wait.... Nope. Just gas. Never mind.

I thought I'd feel older and wiser and grown up and stuff too. That I'd know all the answers and it would be this super spiritual experience or something, but honestly? I've got nothin'. It's a day like any other. Nothing is different. It's just another day.

When I was little, I thought about who I would be at forty, what my life would be like, what I'd be doing, all sorts of stuff like that. Well, I think little me would have been a little disappointed in 40 year old me if little me saw that I wasn't living in a palace, ruling the entire universe because scientists discovered that the universe DID revolve around me and only me. I don't have a magical rainbow unicorn or a horde of mutant penguins as the minions to do my bidding. There aren't the endless buffets of dessert foods being served all the time nor is there a vault full of all the money in the world that I alone controlled and kept.

I did, however, get the prince of my dreams and my happily ever after is coming, presently..... But realizing that my happiness isn't going to be handed to me. I had to go out and GET IT and work for it. It's not handed to you like in the princess movies and stuff. You can't expect to get all the things you want by sitting around and wishing that it'll happen and have it handed to you by some metrosexual sissy, self absorbed prince with everything who gets his nails done and his hair coiffed and wouldn't know what life is like outside his own comfort zone and shit like that. Nope. I WORKED to get where I am. It's not ideal yet, but that time will come too. So I guess I AM able to tell little me, "It's not all bad, kiddo! I promise!" It's a "Stand up and go do it!" world.

Happy birthday to me! I can't wait to see what the next 40 years are gonna bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment