Custom Search

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sticks and stones....


I don't get how some words or hand gestures mean so much that they bother people to the point where they run away covering their ears and doing the "LA LA LA LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!! LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!" thing, but there you have it.
Words are weird, aren't they? They can evoke so much emotion and depending on how you string them together, they can mean so much. Obviously, it is easier to convey certain things verbally as opposed to written down on paper and read as you get the full flavor a little better being able to hear and feel the idea, emotion, the context whatever. Written on paper.... I mean, you can get the general gist of what's being said, but something generally gets lost in the translation sometimes. Semantical nightmare.....
Words can be used to make people feel, react, express themselves and they can also be used to hurt. It's true when they say you can't take some words back. That's not to say that I won't speak my mind and continue on doing what I'm doing. I've got so much still trapped from years of biting my tongue and at this point, I've no regrets. I may seem like a wicked, sharp tongued bitch, but it's not anything that I haven't had dished out on me and haven't been able to cope with.
I've been called so many things in my life and I thought over them. Quite honestly, I really can't recall a time where someone's words impacted me to the point where I wasn't able to deal. I may have been affected by words for a certain time, but for anyone to ask me whether I remember any negative episode that is going to damage me forever? Schnope.
I've spent this last year reflecting on many things. Family, not so family, friends, not so friends, occurrences that I took a notice to, things that caught my attention, things that have sparked my interest, things that I've learned about the world around me as well as things I learned about myself. I have thought over the many things that I feel passionately about and things that I realized I needed to let go. A brick at a time, in some cases, there are things that I have made peace with and gotten to a point where I no longer give them power to have a hold on me whether it was people, ideas, thoughts, random happenings.
On this path, I have discovered that the people who do matter don't say the things that are truly hurtful, they aren't malicious and untrustworthy, they love unconditionally and that I should be concentrating more of my time and effort on positives rather than everything else.
Sure, words have their place in provoking a range of emotions, but the point is, without allowing them to have the power to affect you, they hold nothing over you. In turn, the people speaking those words hold no sway either. Those I hold dear shall always be held close and those who choose to try and take me down, they will only see me laugh and smile. Just know that I will briefly be "mother fuck"-ing you on the inside before you get scraped off my shoe as just another piece of shit I stepped on, on the road of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment