Custom Search

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just, SHH!!!!!


I get reminded that where I live is not my house on a daily basis, multiple times a day by my dad. It is not my house and it is not my home. I am merely allowed to stay here. But of course, he wants me involved in everything that happens with the house. Me? I really don't want to be bothered with any of it and I don't want to know. It's not my fucking house.
The house is older now and things are starting to break and need repairs or need replacing all together. I get to be the person to call a repair whoever or Sears to whatever the thing so that the thing works again. I try to stay away, go away or disappear when the dude guy arrives because I don't want to know. Then there are times when I don't get out of the house fast enough and I get stuck.
Pop will go rattling off all sorts of stuff in random and VERY broken English, give up, start rattling off in Japanese and ask me to translate. Generally the things that come out of his mouth are not very nice. It gets to the point where I tell my mom to drag the cranky git off to a different room so that I can talk to the guy OR I tell her that I will go make myself scarce leaving the two broken English speaking old cranky people to deal with it all.
The first thing I will do is apologize to the guy for what was going on earlier. My second thing is to ask, "Can you fix it, fix it right and fix it fast?" They usually reply with a "yeah..." Then the threat comes. "Today sir, you will deal with me. I will leave you alone and let you do whatever it is you do. But if it breaks or stops working, you will be dealing with them next!" I say as I point to the door that the old gits are secluded behind. The guys nods and starts his thing. Then I offer the word of warning. "If the old coot comes nosing around, just ignore him. If he asks a question, pretend you don't understand what he's saying. He will call for me. The key here is to try and ignore him though. He will go away."
So many things have been fixed around this house over the last few years it's not even funny. But the jobs have always been done right and they're holding up. Now if I could only get the old people I live with to use the stuff properly.... THAT is a whole lesson in frustration on its own. Trying to show them how the stuff works.... Let me tell you! Pfft.

No comments:

Post a Comment