Custom Search

Friday, July 18, 2014

Blood sugar issues....

I have a hyperactive metabolism (to say the least). I could burn the calories of a whole pizza just from lifting the slices to my face. Some people hate on me for that. Believe me when I say, "The grass is always greener...." It comes with its own set of problems. For one, sudden drops in blood sugar. ALWAYS a hoot. I could go from being totally fine to starving in the blink of an eye and "cranky" doesn't even BEGIN to cover what I get. Get between me and food and I will hurt you. A lot. I will cut a bitch. I have to keep nut bars or some kind of snack in the car or in my purse all the time for such incidents. Have you ever HAD to eat the "left at the bottom of your purse forever" nut bar? Gaaak! Not exactly appetizing when it's been melted and re-congealed a few times from constant temperature fluctuations and stuff... I would love to be able to gain a few pounds and pack on enough to be able to gain a wee bit more muscle tone, but it's just not going to happen. I can't eat THAT much. :s Dang it! Such is life. At least I'm not the fat cow I might be without my metabolism, with the way I go through food though...... And I DO love my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment