Custom Search

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Great! What happened??!??


I never know what to expect on some weekends when I wake up to find that the kids had already gotten up at some ridiculously early hour in the morning. It's when they sneak into my room and whisper, "mom.... mo-o-o-o-m...... MOM! ....Are you awake?" and I grumble in response that sounds something like, "whad you hee fo'....me makin sleepies......." They look at each other and then back at me and say, "Well, something spilled downstairs.... A lot of it. It's everywhere... How do we clean it up?" It generally springs me out of bed and I'm thinking about all the different things that could be spilled all over the place. Generally it's a gallon of milk they tried to pour onto cereal or juice they've tried to pour into cups. The attempts are always cute..... They explain how they were trying to make breakfast in bed for me as I spend the next hour and a half cleaning up their mess, but I have to admit, I do it with a smile.
Their hearts were in the right place and they meant well and I just can't bring myself to get mad about something like that. Then I help them out, we get the tray upstairs and I have my breakfast in bed. Soggy toast, soggy cereal and glass of juice with questionable floaty bits in it and a brown squishy banana. It's cute to say the least and I have to tell you, it always tastes pretty awesome because of a little extra ingredient they throw in called "love". By the time I'm done, the incident of how I had to clean up a tidal wave of milk and juice with cereal bits is forgotten and I've eaten my fill and the kids are ever so pleased with themselves. It's a blissful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment