Custom Search

Thursday, July 24, 2014

One step at a time.....


There are some tasks that come along in life that seem rather daunting or just plain impossible. Far be it for me to give up though. Call it being stubborn, call it being tenacious, call it Fred. I've gotten through some pretty tough times/ shit and always managed to crawl out of whatever pit life threw me into and I did it my way. And it always began with a single step forward.
I guess all things in life are really that way. Whether it is to accomplish a goal or beat down a problem that you have. It's never a good idea to look at everything that has to get done. Small steps, winning small battles is what eventually gets the whole job done. There is a certain satisfaction to getting to the end of a journey, especially if it was a particularly rough one.
I'm on a path now. The end result leads me to where I want to be. The steps alone are treacherous and difficult and taking a lot of work, but as I get through one and start another, I keep reminding myself that I got through the last one and the one before that and it helps. My end result has much to do with my children and their future and when I see their faces and it fuels me more to grind my teeth and keep moving forward. The long path that got me to this point sucked and I'm sure that the long path ahead is going to be wrought with that same suckiness, but I know that my children, my Lucky and those I am lucky to consider my friends will help shine down a light to help me see the clear path to where I need to get to. It'll all be worth while. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment