Custom Search

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Eew... You SMELL!


There really is no polite way to let someone know that their breath stinks or whatever. There really is no way to let someone know that they are lacking in personal hygiene skills. The fact of the matter is, there is something very offensive about the "smelly person", isn't there? I mean not just for the obvious reason, but the yuck factor that goes along with it. And it's not like you can say stuff like, "I'm bored! Let's go brush our teeth!"  or "Yay! I have a fun game we can play! CAR WASH! You can be the car! I'll go get the hose, scrub brush and soap!" I mean you can offer a breath mint to someone, but you can't do the same with a stick of deodorant and baby wipes.
The worst is getting stuck in an elevator with someone who smells like ass. My first reaction is to look on the bottom of my shoes to see if it was something I stepped in, then I complain that it smells like poo, but DANG! Is it THAT not obvious that you reek like a dumpster full of shit in a sewer drain covered in a sweaty gym sock and an armpit? Blech!
What makes it even worse than that are those who know, then try to cover up the smell with perfumes and stuff.... Great! SO now you smell like the dog shit in a flower garden! Lovely!
A wonderful moment though, was being stuck in an elevator with my daughter and a "smelly person". My daughter took one whiff, made a face and turned to the woman and said, "Eew... You SMELL!" Six year olds can get away with that sort of stuff.... Hmm, I need to teach her more neat things to say....

No comments:

Post a Comment