Custom Search

Friday, November 15, 2013

Yeah, no...... But, no, yeah.

The dichotomy that I have happening inside my mind on a daily basis is one that would probably drive a lesser person insane. The incongruence between these two battling forces constantly clashing with each other in some epic battle would bring a weak minded person to their knees, begging for mercy. Others would seek to be medicated, becoming nothing more than a shell of their former selves...... Me? Well.... It's my life. It's what I've lived with from the time I was born. I wouldn't be able to tell you what life without my ADD and OCD was like. It's just ALWAYS been there.

What DOES scare me is the thought of it NOT being there. Like, wake up one morning and :POOF: it's all gone. No chatter in my head, no obsessive behaviors, no compulsive actions, no "Hey look! A MARBLE!".......

What? Oh.. yeah... So, waking up and it all being gone. That totally freaks me the fuck out. I am who I am because of them. They have shaped my quirks and personality. They have honed my sense of self. they have molded my thoughts and ideals. They are the very basis, the foundations from which I BECAME. How weird is THAT!

Yeah. I know. I put WAY too much thought into this stuff. Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment