Custom Search

Saturday, November 16, 2013

It works......

There really isn't a time when one of the kids HADN'T done something wrong, so when my back is turned for longer than ten minutes, I usually make a general statement like, "What the....... WHO DID THIS??!?!?!?!?" or just a general, "What did you DO??!?!?!?" Speaking to no one in particular. Most of the time I get an answer, which goes to show there are ALWAYS things going on that shouldn't be and despite my best efforts to pay attention to the goings on, there are still things I miss...... Which kind of freaks me the fuck out. Some of it is rather unexpected. And there are a few times where it was just plain WT actual F?

I don't want my kids to become paranoid about everything and I certainly don't want them not to spread their wings and try things, but I have to make sure that it doesn't fall into the realm of things they should NOT be doing. I mean, I know they're going to fuck up once in a while. It's from our biggest mistakes that we learn our greatest life lessons. I get it. But with those mistakes comes a lot of heartbreak and those same lessons can still be learned WITHOUT that particular brand of heartbreak. I mean, I don't want to be a hovering parent. (I fucking hate those. I hated that my mom did it. Fucking get over it. You're doing your child NO GOOD! They rebel harder later in life and if that shit keeps up, you'll fucking lose them for good.)  But I don't want to be one of those fly by night parents that seagull the home by making a lot of noise, shitting all over the place and flying off to have someone else clean up the mess either.

Finding that balance is the key, but it's a pretty difficult thing. You don't just "find the balance" and that's it. It's constantly changing and I find myself ALWAYS needing to change along with it. And it's NOT necessarily a "consistent" thing, because there are so many variable situations and circumstances too.... Blech!

My hope is that one day, when I see my children all grown up, and they are TOTALLY the people that I know they are gonna be and who they should be now, I know I will have done my job right. Whoop, whoop!


No comments:

Post a Comment