Custom Search

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What's for supper?

With four kids in the house, deciding what's for dinner can be quite a challenge sometimes. My kids have a pretty eclectic taste is foods and will chow down on just about anything you put in front of them. They don't shy away from different ethnic foods and won't necessarily turn something away because "it looks weird". (You can keep your microwaved mac and cheese. THAT shit my kids will turn their noses up to. Fucking FOUL, disgusting crap right there.... Blech! Child abuse in a bowl!) But with eclectic tastes, comes a variety of flavors. Now, I'm not going to say that all the kids love all the flavors and all of them love all the same foods. Not the case at all. Same with textures, and whether something leans more towards bland or bold, spicy or mild. So the range of thoughts for what we should have for dinner varies greatly too.... Some days I am TOTALLY set and I have the meals planned out for the next couple of days for breakfast, lunch ( on the weekends and holidays) and dinner. It works out well. There are days when I will allow myself to cater to my own cravings and will make what I want to eat. The kids each get turns picking out stuff they want to eat and sometimes, that method works out. Other times, not so much...... Oh well. At least they eat all sorts of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment