Custom Search

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fat.

Is it laziness or lack of motivation or what? I don't know. I mean, as of late, I had joined the ranks of the unfit. But I'm doing something about it. I don't like it, but I get it done. It takes a certain kind of commitment, I get it, but still. It needs to get done, but I don't like it.

It also takes a certain kind of commitment to let yourself go and keep on letting it happen too. I am not talking about illness that robbed you of it. I am talking about the conscious neglect of oneself. I mean, to the point where you have gone from "unfit" to "Are you the thing that ATE your former incarnation??!?!?" It's all too common place now out in the world around us. And it scares me.

I mean, if you think about it, it's getting harder and harder to teach our children what "normal" is as far as what is fit and what is not. It's getting harder to teach them how to make healthy food choices when it's microwave mac n cheese (an absolute and WRETCHED concoction by ANY stretch of the imagination) and pop tarts and toaster pastries and high fructose corn syrup infused "healthy things" (and they're not. It's just that most parents don't read labels and they themselves wouldn't know what was healthy if it bit them in the ass....) like yogurt and "vegetable snacks" (which are so processed that they are far removed from being an actual vegetable of any variety.) Fucking disgusting.

Yes. I get that convenience is important in such a fast paced and busy world. Some things should be quick and convenient and shit, but not at the cost of our children's health and well being? Yes, fast, quick, easy. Slap a pre-boxed lunch out of the fridge to give to your kids or pop a processed tidbit of "New and improved Flavor-ed" questionable thing into the microwave, but at what cost...... And we wonder why our kids are unhealthy? Seriously?

Most kids DON'T get outside to play because they're too engrossed with their electronic devices. They're eating all sorts of crap because they don't know any better. Kids are rude and snide and snotty and whiny and lack manners and cry "victim" over everything. And the blame falls completely on the parents. The children aren't being taught how to eat right, act right and behave like real little kids. They aren't being shown what being a functioning person. And these attitudes and mannerisms DIRECTLY mirror what they learn from parents who aren't taking the time to PARENT their children or just can't be bothered, and it's obvious.

And then THESE kids are being sent off into the world and rubbing off on other kids, then all of them start learning the crappy behaviors of others..... JESUS! I find that I am correcting crappy behaviors that my kids come home with a lot. And I'M the bad guy? Shit. It must be nice playing the role of the good guy then. No frustrations, no responsibilities, no having to be an authority figure.

But to those living the carefree life: don't think you're not being judged. Please, by all means, keep shirking on your responsibilities. Don't think for a second it goes unnoticed.... Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment