Custom Search

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What NOW??


When it rains, it fucking pours. Always the case in life, no? A bad day can go from bad to worse in a matter of seconds and just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. Such is life.
I woke up with a bad crick in my neck... Slept in an awkward position I suppose... That should have been my first indication that I should have stayed in bed and not gotten up... Ignoring that, I got up, stubbing my toe on the door frame upon exiting the room I sleep in. (... as I am constantly reminded that it is NOT my house and I am only allowed to stay here...) I got toothpaste in my eye when I was brushing my teeth and I stepped in pee because apparently, one of the boys had gotten up to go in the middle of the night and "missed". Great...
Getting downstairs to start the morning process of brekkies for the kids and slapping together a cup of coffee for myself, I spilled hot water on my foot while trying to pour it into the cup for my caffeinated goodness. And that was just the morning...

The afternoon brought about the usual hustle and bustle when the boys come home from school. Writing out checks for lunches, field trips, fund raisers or whatever, thereby depleting my already meager funds, homework insanity, various instrument practice and that all went straight into prepping and making supper... And of course, I burned myself on the stove...
The evening brought the usual chaos of brushing the teeth, baths/ showers, jammies, bedtime routines... The usual. Get them into bed and I discovered, all was well in the universe. The children are healthy, happy, and are doing well. I hadn't lost any limbs and for the most part, I am still intact. <Sigh!> All is good... Until...
Always, the crotchety old farts have to go and ruin a day that went from bad to not too bad, and make it terrible. Apparently, a load of laundry was left in the dryer and wasn't folded in the proper way, put away in the proper manner and made ready for another load of wash to be done the next day. Are you fucking kidding me? If that wasn't enough to aggravate me... Well, it would seem that there is a proper way to DO laundry, a proper way to put the laundry into the dryer, a proper way to fold the laundry, a proper way to arrange the folded laundry in the basket, a proper way to carry the basket of folded laundry, a proper way of putting folded laundry away in the drawers and even a proper way of closing the drawers... I did the opposite of everything they said and slammed the door of the room I sleep in when I was done.
A knock came at the door a few moments later. "What, NOW?!?"
Apparently, I should have answered with, "Yes?"
I still don't know why they came a knockin'... They're still recovering from the verbal tirade and string of obscenities hissed at them at a hundred miles an hour. I am not taking shit from ANYBODY any more, and I will let all who try know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment