Custom Search

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So it begins...

We have come to that time of year when the nuttiness of "the Holidays" begins. The hectic hustle and bustle of the shopping and the food preparations and the baking and the insanity and the bitchy people being bitchier than usual... You know what I'm talking about... The triple threat of the year end. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's... Throw in the Chanukah and the Kwanzaa and the boxing day and all that other crap and it's just the most hectic couple of months that I would just as soon do without.
The commercialized nature of the holidays is disgusting. It shows the selfishness and the overindulgent materialism of people and quite frankly I think it's wrong.
I realize that the whole Santa, tree, presents and whatnot was "The Church"s way of incorporating the pagans' winter solstice celebration in order to get them to convert and stuff, but it seems to me that the whole meaning of the holidays was lost. Not just in the "birth of Christ" thing. (I mean, I get it. It's Christmas because of Jesus and all.) I'm talking about the whole people being nicer to each other. People coming into the "spirit of the holidays" and being polite... Nope... They get more rude and nasty and downright awful.
I hate the friggin' holidays. I hate people even more during the holiday season, I can't stand the commercials and the advertisements and the everything associated with the holidays. The over-decoration and the... GAAAAAAAAH! I can't stand it all. I'd much rather be in the closet, hiding out for the next few months... Just so long as someone slips me the holiday noms.

No comments:

Post a Comment